It's warming up a bit in Dublin, but winter hasn't given up yet! I found this recipe and tried it out. It's easy to prepare and really good! You guys should try it...
2 tablespoons garlic-infused oil or olive oil, divided
1.5 red peppers, chunked, divided
1 cup chopped tomatoes
4 spring onions, green parts only, diced
1/2 cup diced root ginger
1 lemongrass stalk, diced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 ounces rice noodles
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over high heat. Add 1 chunked pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and heat through. Place mixture in a food processor or use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add remaining 1/2 pepper, spring onion, ginger, lemongrass, cumin, and turmeric, and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add water, almond milk, and pepper-tomato puree. Bring mixture to a boil, keeping it there and stirring frequently.
4. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add rice noodles, remove from the heat, and allow noodles to soften for 5 minutes.
5. To serve, dish broth into bowls and top with noodles.