When you do personal training in Sandycove, we at Urban Fitness want you to get the most out of your workout. There’s nothing worse than working out and feeling like you’ve achieved nothing. If you undertake personal training in Sandycove with us, we’ll help you understand how to get more out of every workout. Here are some tips to get you started.
1) Ever lifted something really heavy, and discovered that immediately afterwards everything else felt quite light? Well, the same works for weights. Try a few reps with a heavier weight than usual, then follow up with your standard weight – it’ll feel much easier.
2) Stop messing about with your iPod or phone between sets. Each rest period should last a minute and a half, no more and no less. Staying focused during these rests will optimise muscle building.
3) Stay hydrated. It’s more important than you might think, as if you fail to drink enough water your body starts to retain water. Try 3 litres a day and see how you feel.
4) Pause for a second or two at the lowest point in each rep. Try combining this with timing yourself rather than setting a number of reps. This allows you to focus on each movement, so you’ll get it right and probably complete more repetitions than if you were counting. It will burn if you’re doing it right, but as the good old saying goes, no pain, no gain.
5) When you’re doing a deadlift, tuck your chin. Double chins may not exactly be appealing the rest of the time, but here it means that you avoid hyperextending your back and can lift more without doing damage to yourself.
If you want more tips, or just need a hand making the above tips work for you, try booking personal training in Sandycove. Here at Urban Fitness we want to help you get the best results from working out.